Neck Pain: Identifying your Symptoms
You may be suffering from neck pain and wondering whether or not all neck discomfort is the same. It’s not.
Neck pain can be experienced with a long list of other problems. The combination of symptoms gives us an idea as to why you have neck pain. Here are some of the other symptoms that are commonly experienced with neck pain:
- Headache – This may take place because the meningeal lining of the brain has been irritated or because of trigger points within the muscles that end up referring pain in the head. Impinged nerves in the cervical spine can also cause cervicogenic headache.
- Stiffness – Stiffness shows that the muscles are preventing movement so that no additional damage will take place to the fundamental structures of the cervical spine.
- Poor range of motion – Not being able to turn your head to the left or right or to your shoulder is one of the causes of neck pain. This sign implies that there is scar tissue or misaligned vertebrae in your neck.
- Eye pain or vision changes – This symptom implies that injury to your neck is more than just a strained muscle or a sprain.
- Fatigue – Tiredness is another symptom that can indicate more serious health problems if it's combined with neck pain.
Your Sheboygan chiropractor, Dr. Amy Endru, can help get to the root of your neck pain. If you live in Sheboygan, call us for an visit today at (920) 208-7000!